Lauren Concise is looking for qualified applicants for our upcoming construction projects in 2014. Our projects vary in length and location. We are currently staffing our Alberta projects. Please read the job description below and apply online.
Purpose: Assist welders in securing components together to ensure accurate welds that do not change the measurements of the component and will be able to withstand various types of steam, hot water, gases, lubrications, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems.
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Length of employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration. We are currently looking for individuals to support future projects.
Essential Skills (must possess the ability to)
May include but not limited to:
• Assist in securing components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
• Assist in the selection appropriate equipment and plan the layout and assembly of a welding process.
• Have basic knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
• Assist in securing of parts in position for welding.
• Assist in the preparation of material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
• Set material in stands, racks, hoists, etc. for welding.
• Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment.
• Assist in the repairing of products by dismantling, straightening and reshaping.
• Reassemble parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Services ULC Craft Handbook and in compliance with the LC Human Resources Policy Manual, LC Safety Manual and OHS Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• 3+ months of industrial/construction/general labor experience
• Indentured apprenticeship prepared
• Current/valid drivers license
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at heights
Environment: Manufacturing Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing.
An alcohol and drug test may be required as a condition of hire.