- 12-Aug-2014 to 03-Sep-2014 (MST)
- Project Services
- Calgary , AB, CAN
- Full Time
Prepare cost estimates for construction projects and engineering services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of construction or service.
• Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
• Analyze blueprints, construction drawings and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
• Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors
• Confer with engineers, designers, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
• Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
• Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project
• Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
• Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
• Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction
• Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to construct or sub-contract components
• Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
• Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations
• Work within company policy and industry standards
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited institution
• 5-10 years of estimating experience working on small to medium sized industrial projects
• Knowledge of Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) best practices and cost estimate standards
• Experience working with EPC contractors or Owners in the oil and gas industry an asset
• Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with project managers, site managers, clients and other engineering disciplines
• Must be familiar with applicable
Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
Lauren Engineers and Constructors, ULC is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!