- 01-Jan-2010 to 01-Jan-2010 (MST)
- Grande Prairie, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Purpose: Operates crane to lift, positions and places machinery, equipment or other large objects at construction sites and industrial facilities.
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Length of employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Drive trucks to worksites.
• Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
• Start crane engine.
• Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
• Operate crane according to signals from helper.
• Bolt boom sections together to extend or modify boom for pile driving or high lifting.
• Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Services ULC Craft Handbook and in compliance with the LC Human Resources Policy Manual, LC Safety Manual and OHS Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Three (3) years minimum Field experience in trade, with a Red Trade Ticket
• Able to identify all hand signals, weight limits, safety regulations, and operating codes that are relevant for crane operation.
• Must have current/valid drivers license and other certification if required by OSHA, state, or federal regulations
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at great heights
• Rain coat or poncho
• Steel toed work boots
Environment: Construction Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead-based paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances during their work especially when working in confined spaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing. While working in underground construction, Construction Workers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!