- 21-Jan-2013 to 22-Mar-2013 (MST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Purpose: The Process Engineer is responsible for planning the process engineering work to be carried out on the project and developing the schedule and manpower requirements to achieve established project milestones.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Develop and provide high quality, leading edge process engineering solutions to the Canadian oil and gas market.
• Deliver quality process engineering solutions that meet our client and project specifications while working within a multidiscipline engineering team.
• Provide comprehensive complex engineering and design services by establishing the design criteria and implementing the preparation of specifications, design computations and deliverables in accordance with project requirements.
• Participate in project review meetings to ensure that process engineering is in line with current project scope and requirements.
• Initiate and assist in the final development of the Block Flow Diagram, Process Flow Diagrams, P&ID's, utility programs and other flow sheets as required.
• Developing process flow diagrams to define heat and material balance.
• Directing activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements.
• Lead the development of the process and control narratives.
• Prepare the shutdown key with the Electrical Lead.
• May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
• Provide technical guidance to less experienced engineers and technicians as required.
• Plan, develop, review and coordinate process engineering work.
• Participate in the design of process components and individual units, exercising cost control, reviewing and monitoring designs for conformance with control estimates and project specifications.
• Influence and support a culture of continuous improvement and change management focused at operational process improvements that either increase efficiency through reduced costs or increased output.
• Provide assistance to design groups as required in the preparation of equipment specifications, vessel specifications, instrumentation criteria and project manuals.
• Maintain effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
• Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
• Self-motivated registered professional engineer with a successful track record in a process design engineering position
• 5 – 15 years chemical process engineering experience
• Knowledge of industry and regulator standards and design criteria
• Expert knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, application of methods, PFD, P&ID, plant layout, materials, and computer based process engineering calculations
• Project management experience an asset
• Ability to work in a leadership role
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with multi-disciplines
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills and ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Outlook, Windows, HYSYS, VMG, Pipeflow simulators
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Tool/Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
• Oil & Gas PPA required for site visitation
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings. Travel up to 10 % of the time is required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!