- 29-Jan-2013 to 30-Mar-2013 (MST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Purpose: Support Electrical Engineers with EPC, and Oil & Gas facility layout and design including project start-up, scheduling and vendor contracts.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Assist engineers with initial design and drawing requirements
• Produce layouts of equipment and electrical systems, which meet client specifications
• Preparation and creation of technical plans and design drawings for electrical systems such as; area classification, single lines, motor schematics, electrical schematics, control panel design, interconnections, PLC I/o drawings, cable schedules, lighting calculations, cable tray layouts, conduit and cable schedules, heat trace layouts, building layouts
• Coordinate with Squad Leader to ensure the Lauren Concise and /or client drawing standards and specifications are followed as required
• Establish drawing set-up procedures applicable to the job for drafting personnel
• Ensure consistency and integrity of electrical designs throughout project and reviewing design for logic, functionality and completeness
• Check and back-check drawings produced by drafting personnel
• Coordinate and analyze vendor supplied drawings and incorporate the required information into project drawings
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Services Administrative Handbook and in compliment with the LC Human Resources Policy Manual, LC Safety Manual and OHS Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Knowledge of hazardous area electrical systems
• Familiar with the Canadian Electrical Code
• Experience reading PID's is an asset
• Proficient in current release of Microsoft Excel
• Thorough understanding and efficiency with standard design and drafting practices
• 5+ years of design experience
• 5+ years of detailed AutoCAD experience and SmartPlant
• 5+ years experience in an Oil & Gas drafting/design surface facility industry
• Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings although some travel is required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!