- 26-Nov-2013 to 26-Nov-2014 (MST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Purpose: Plan, implement, and direct all corporate engineering, material control, and document control activities.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Provide overall planning and direction of all engineering functions and personnel in accordance with company policy.
• Coordinate all engineering, design and procurement resources and assigning and allocating resources to pertinent projects.
• Review, approve, and implement all engineering standards, policies and procedures. Provide interpretations of all external codes, regulations, specifications, etc.
• Coordinate the preparation of studies, proposals, estimates and technical reports prior to issuance.
• Provide technical engineering input as required for estimating and bid proposal requirements.
• Oversee engineering deliverables for quality, procedures and consistency.
• Manage engineering productivity and budget.
• Direct and monitor all personnel activities within engineering area including manpower forecasting, recruitment, salary increases, staff assignments, performance assessment, etc.
• Participate in Company Strategic Planning with the Engineering Leadership Team.
• Continually improving Company procedures and ensuring efficiency at all times.
• Promote safety awareness within all projects.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Must possess superior engineering skills and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines.
• Possess leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage and communicate with engineers, estimators, construction personnel, project managers, and clients. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with other engineering disciplines, construction project managers, vendors and clients.
• Must be able to travel as projects require.
• 15+ years of formal training and experience in oil and gas production and processing facilities design.
• Minimum 10 years experience in Project Management or a Senior Project Management position.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Engineering from an engineering college or university.
• Licensed as a professional engineer in Alberta.
• Demonstrated high level of computer skills in Excel and Microsoft Project.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
Tool/Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
• Oil & Gas PPA required for site visitation
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings although some travel is required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!