- 08-Feb-2013 to 09-Apr-2013 (MST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Purpose: Provide mechanical design, technical analysis and resolution of engineering problems. Coordinate with a team of engineers and designers to successfully complete design of large industrial projects in Oil & Gas Production and Processing facilities, Tank Terminals and Truck and Rail Loading facilities.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Design systems incorporating pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, tanks, piping, instrumentation and controls into the overall facility design.
• Establish design criteria, prepare procurement specifications, evaluate bids, and manage contracts for heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, heaters, boilers, turbines and water treating equipment.
• Design piping and pipe support systems including material selection, B31.1/B31.3/ASME Section I and Section VIII Code calculations, stress analysis, etc is required.
• Provide support and coordination to Project Managers in the design of Oil & Gas facilities.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Services Administrative Handbook and in compliment with the LC Human Resources Policy Manual, LC Safety Manual and OHS Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Superior engineering design skills and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines.
• Knowledge of mechanical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable Codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices.
• Excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with other engineering disciplines, construction project managers, and clients.
• 3 - 7 years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial design with at least 2 - 3 years as an engineer in an EPCM environment.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University.
• Eligible to be licensed as a professional engineer with APEGA.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!