- 01-Jan-2010 to 01-Jan-2010 (MST)
- AB, CAN
- Full Time
Purpose: Support the onsite Construction Manager in enforcing and monitoring adherence to corporate health and safety policies, procedures and legislation, ensuring all safety credentials are maintained, and acting as a resource for all safety related requirements, including auditing, inspections, and investigations as required.
Work Schedule: Must have open availability any time any day of the week. This is a site position camp job.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Ensure employees and contractors are working safe and all documentation is occurring
• Train workers for use and observation of integrated safety plan
• Conduct safety Meetings/Sessions as required
• Conduct new employee safety orientation
• Investigate all accidents and ensure all investigation forms are completed and submitted on time
• Monthly reporting to LC corporate safety office
• Distribute and /or post safety awareness information
• Immediately report all unsafe acts or conditions and assist in overseeing implementation of corrective action, weekly documented project inspections, and ensure corrective documented corrective action.
• Maintain project site First Aid station and log per manual procedures
• Pro actively manage all near misses, recordable, and lost time incidents
• May be reassigned to large capital projects should the need arise.
• Work within Company policy as outlined in the Lauren Services Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LC Human Resources Policy Manual, LC Safety Manual and OHS Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Knowledgeable in safety standards including hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, training, and good familiarity with OHS standards. Knowledge of worker's compensation claims management.
• 5 – 7 years plus experience in the industrial construction safety management either at a Contractor, EPC Firm or with an owner.
• Large industrial project experience in Oil & Gas Production and Processing facilities, Tank Terminals and Truck and Rail Loading facilities.
• Possess interpersonal skills needed for cohesive interaction as well as ability to communicate well both orally and written.
• Certification in Health and / or Safety disciplines (i.e. Registered Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist) is an asset.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!