- 17-Jun-2014 to 29-Jun-2014 (MST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
The Electrical Engineer works on all aspects of electrical design on various projects. Working directly with other disciplines they gather information for project design and provide direction and coordination of electrical design for medium to large EPC projects.
- Preparation of plans, designs, calculations, costs and bills of material, and catalogues in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings or other specifications
- Give direction to drafting personnel and other less senior electrical engineers
- Check drawings and plan for technical completeness
- Review vendor information for technical information
- Communicate and discusses design information with other disciplines
- Review technical information for electrical designs
- Assemble contract documents for field construction phase of projects
- Bid and award contracts for field construction
- Stamp and sign drawings for field construction
- Deal directly with clients on related project issues
- Deal directly with field electrical contractors for construction management issues
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to drafting and engineering management
- Adhere to policies and procedures relating to quality management
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Professional Engineering designation
- 5 - 10 years experience in the Canadian oil and gas industry working for an EPC or owner company
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with engineers, designers, project managers and other members of the team
- Must have advanced knowledge of electrical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable codes, standards and acceptable industry practices
Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
Lauren is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!