- 09-Jun-2014 to 16-Jun-2014 (MST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the overall responsibilities for this role include the purchase and/or lease of construction materials and equipment, permanent facility equipment and materials, and replacement parts for company equipment.
May include but are not limited to the ability to:
• Prepare written inquiries for vendor-supplied items in compliance with requisitions and/or specifications
• Receive vendor bids, evaluate bids considering price, delivery date, past performance of vendor, etc. to determine successful bidder
• Negotiate terms/ conditions of and place purchase orders and subcontracts
• Prepare and maintain all required documentation for each purchase order
• Work with expeditor to ensure the materials are received on time
• Coordinate invoice problems with vendor and accounting, and delivery requirements with vendor and supervision
• A business or Supply Chain Management degree an asset
• 5+ years purchasing experience in the oil and gas industry for an EPC or owner company
• Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures and policies
• Able to negotiate effectively with vendors in a manner that benefits the company and preserves the vendor relationship
• Sound communication and interpersonal skills wi
• Able to work independently and make decisions that benefit the company
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Member of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada an asset
Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
Lauren Concise is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!