- 12-Sep-2013 to 18-Nov-2013 (MST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
The successful candidate will prepare and assemble bid request documents, and facilitate the bid analysis, negotiation, award and management of subcontracts for EPC contracts.
- Assemble specifications, drawings, schedules, pricing structures, and write detailed scopes of work in a manner that fully defines the work and expectations required of a subcontractor
- Provide multi-discipline expertise for subcontract requirements
- Facilitate/maintain the subcontractor pre-qualification process
- Work with the Project Team to solicit, negotiate, award and manage subcontracts
- Evaluate multiple subcontractor offerings in a variety of methods, including lump sum, unit rate, and cost reimbursable time & material
- Maintain audit ready records at all times
- Assist in determining subcontracting needs of projects
- Provide input and guidance on needs of the subcontractors to provide the desired quotes, and report back to the project team with recommendations, and concerns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field (consideration for long-term experience on multiple large scale industrial projects in lieu of degree)
- 5 or more years of experience on multiple industrial projects performing multiple responsibilities
- Comprehensive understanding of EPC companies and contract management
- Change order management, labor relations, insurance, tax, bonding, domestic and international law, and flow down of prime contract requirements including schedule and bid requirements
- Sound background in procurement fundamentals (ethical practice and procedures)
- Sound understanding of business contract law (both domestic and international)
- Working knowledge of contact language and legal requirements of contracts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to negotiate effectively with subcontractors in a manner that benefits the company and preserves the subcontractor relationship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external clients
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and make decisions that benefit the company, as well as taking and implementing direction from the project team and supervisors
- Management, organizational, supervisory, and planning skills
- Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
- This position requires occasional travel
Lauren Concise is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!