- 02-Jan-2014 to 16-Jan-2014 (MST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Provide instrumentation and controls design, technical analysis and resolution of engineering problems. Provide direction and coordination of a team of engineers and designers to successfully complete design of large industrial projects. Provide engineering support to the construction / commissioning phases as necessary. This is to include but not limited to: Control narratives, system architecture, control system operation, control system design, networking and communication, etc.
- Provide detailed control engineering input during all design phases, including interpretation and challenge of client standards
- Assist in development of strategies/conceptual designs during early project phases
- Actively communicate with other disciplines to optimize areas of interface during the design development, review and check processes
- Support design/drawing office personnel with specialist engineering input
- Assist in the preparation of requisitions and technical evaluation of bids for discipline material and equipment sourcing
- Ensure equipment vendors provide timely and quality input into design packages
- Review all third party discipline design work
- Ensure design packages meet the relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic standards
- Understand the contract quality management system and ensure these requirements are met
- Participate in and lead discipline design reviews
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors degree or Diploma in an Engineering or Technologist Discipline
- 5-10 years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial engineering design
- Previous experience working on complex, multi-discipline engineering and/or EPC projects
- Must be licensed as a professional engineer or Certified Engineering Technologist
- Must possess superior engineering skills with thorough understanding of inter-relation with all engineering disciplines
- Must be familiar with applicable codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with other engineering disciplines, project managers, site managers and clients
- Must have a proven track record of accomplishment working on industrial projects
- Capable of supervising and directing a team of engineers, designers and support personnel
- Possess working knowledge of scheduling techniques utilizing Microsoft Project, Primavera P3 and Expedition project management software
Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
Lauren Concise is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!