- 09-Apr-2014 to 10-Apr-2014 (MST)
- Brooks, AB, CAN
Lauren Engineers and Constructors, ULC is looking for a Warehouse Labourer to work at our Warehouse project location in Brooks, AB. The Warehouse Labourer will perform duties to organize and maintain the assigned stock storage area. The project is estimated to be 6 months in length.
May include but are not limited to the ability to:
• Prepare and load materials onto trucks for shipping.
• Place and organize different types of material throughout the stock storage area to prevent damage.
• Keep track of all warehouse materials.
• Clean stock storage area of debris and other materials that could be a safety hazard.
• Maintain equipment by greasing and oiling to make sure all equipment is in working order.
• Maintain an active list of tools and material checked out by employees.
• Use the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
• Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Craft Handbook and in compliance with the Lauren Human Resources Policy Manual, Safety Manual and OHS Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Have a general understanding of basic construction skills.
• 2-3 years of industrial/construction/general labor experience
• A valid driver's license is required
• Pervious warehousing or stock storage experience and knowledge of the operations of various construction equipment and materials will be considered an asset.
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions
• Construction Safety Training System (CSTS), will be considered an asset
• Electrical Safety Training System (ESTS), will be considered an asset
• Loader operator certification
• Fork lift operator certification
• Hazardous materials handling
• Fall arrest, will be considered an asset
• Sit, stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Steel toed work boots
Most work is conducted in a warehouse setting but exposure weather conditions may also occur. Construction work may be performed outside so exposure to all types of weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold, is common. Personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hats and safety glasses, must be worn in all areas as required. Although the work usually is not considered inherently dangerous, one must be careful while performing onsite services.
Lauren is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
An alcohol and drug test will be required as a condition of hire.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!