- 20-Mar-2014 to 04-Apr-2014 (MST)
- Calgary / Various Projects, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Reporting to the Manager of Quality the QA/QC inspector will provide quality inspections in regards to welding and welder's certifications, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and boilers, painting and coating, structural steel, and fabricated materials. This position is a full time, permanent role. The QA/QC inspector will work at our various project locations. They will be expected to work in the corporate office in Calgary, AB in between construction projects. The work schedule varies by location.
• Assess sub-contractors' capabilities to meet the quality requirements of the project as required.
• Responsibility for the performance of all inspection and testing activities as defined by contract.
• Assure that the contract obligations' for testing and record keeping are adhered to.
• Control calibrated measuring and test equipment used on the project.
• Keep calibration records and ensure that all testing equipment has current calibration records.
• Responsible for ensuring that turnover documentation is maintained, organized and turned over on schedule.
• Maintain project quality records for the construction phase of the project and quality audit plans, performance and management thereof.
• Conduct periodic Quality Program training for site supervisory personnel.
• All other duties as normally required by our QA/QC Department, and as required by day-to-day business.
• Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy
• Follow oral and written directions
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Services ULC Craft Handbook and in compliance with the Lauren Human Resources Policy Manual, Lauren Safety Manual and OHS Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager as needed.
• Five (5) years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial projects such as refineries, petro-chemical complexes, power plants, etc.
• Must have a valid Level II CWB Certificate.
• Ability to effectively interact with project team members, clients, subcontractors, and craft employees.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects while carrying tools and equipment
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at great heights
Works out of a main office or out of a field office at the construction site, monitors the all phases of the construction project, may travel extensively when not assigned to a construction site, usually entails temporary residence away from primary residence, deals with delays, the effects of bad weather, or emergencies at the site. Although the work usually is not considered inherently dangerous, must be careful while performing onsite services.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!